July 16, 2020
This message is distributed to All-Instructors, Academic-Assistant-Deans, and Academic-Department-Managers.
The following is being sent on behalf of the Instructional Support Team
The Instructional Support Team hopes you’re well. As we move toward Summer Session B, the IS team thought it might be helpful to review available materials. You’ll also find information about scheduled upgrades in this message.
Resources Available to You:
- If you need any type of technological help, email firstname.lastname@example.org
- A guided reference for instructors and TAs: Preparing to Teach Online GauchoSpace site: https://gauchospace.ucsb.edu/courses/course/view.php?id=80846
- Pedagogy Consultations:
- Previous Instructional Support Team Messages: https://evc.ucsb.edu/communications/memos
- Guided video tour on how to set up a GauchoSpace site for your online course.
- For a quick exploration of Zoom, check this Reference sheet or this self-guided tutorial (in GauchoSpace).
Mandatory Panopto (GauchoCast) Client Upgrade: On Thursday, July 16, Panopto will require Panopto for Windows, Panopto for Mac, and Remote Recorders to be upgraded to version 7.1 or above. The upgrade will be applied to our Panopto (GauchoCast) site at 8:00 pm EDT/5 pm PDT. Correction note: In a previous email in June 2020, Panopto incorrectly mentioned Friday, July 17th as the date for enforcement of the client upgrade. This has been updated in the previous paragraph to the correct date of Thursday, July 16.
Panopto New Feature Walkthrough: On June 27, Panopto released a few new and beta features to Panopto Cloud. The release notes can be found here. In addition to the release notes, here’s a link to a walkthrough video showcasing the new features.
Campus Core Router Migration Work - On July 20 between 12:01 and 4 a.m., ETS staff will migrate an internal routed interface but do not expect the network to be impacted. On July 23 between 12:01 and 4 a.m., they will migrate an internal routed interface. The campus wireless network will experience service disruptions.
August 2020 Panopto (GauchoCast) Downtime: On Saturday, August 15, Panopto will be making a number of updates to the Panopto Cloud infrastructure to improve performance and scalability. These updates will require downtime. We will announce the exact time and expected duration of the downtime closer to the downtime date.