UCSB is an institutional member of the National Center for Faculty Development and Diversity (NCFDD). NCFDD is an independent professional development, training, and mentoring community for faculty members, postdocs, and graduate students, dedicated to supporting academics in making successful transitions throughout their careers. Our membership provides a series of mentoring services, including workshops focused on research and writing strategies, networking opportunities, and other forms of professional support and faculty development.
- Greater success with publications and securing external funding for research
- Increased confidence as an independent researcher and scholar
- Healthier personal and professional relationships with departmental colleagues
- Increased interactions with campus-based and external mentors, sponsors, and collaborators
- Increased job satisfaction and retention
Institutional Membership includes access to:
- The Monday Motivator
- Monthly Core Curriculum webinars
- Guest Expert Webinars, and Multi-Week Courses
- Full library of all previous webinars and multi-week courses
- 14-Day Writing Challenges with WriteNow accountability tracking
- Private Discussion Forums with moderated monthly writing challenges
- Peer-mentor ("buddy") matches
- Dissertation Success Curriculum & Discussion Forum for advanced graduate students
- Priority registration for the Faculty Success Program
- Alumni program enrollment free of charge for Faculty Success Program Alumni
Steps to Activate Your Membership:
- Visit https://www.facultydiversity.org/join
- Select "University of California, Santa Barbara" in the drop-down menu and click on "Continue"
- Click on "Activate My Membership"
- Complete the form and click "Continue"
- Once verified by NCFDD, you will receive an email verifying your membership.